Which QB should you pick up in your 2015 fantasy football draft?
Like many fantasy owners, you will wait until the 8th round or later before choosing your QB. Since the top ranked QB and the 10th ranked QB are typically closer in total points than the top ranked WR or RB and the 10th ranked player at their position, owners tend to wait to draft a QB. From a logical standpoint, it makes sense!
If you decide to pass on the Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers or Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck and you're searching for a great sleeper to pick in up 2015, we have exactly what you need. Here are 5 fantasy football QBs to target in your 2015 fantasy draft.
5. EJ Manuel - With an improved Buffalo offense and a full year to learn under Kyle Orton, Manuel is on the radar of many fantasy owners searching for a bargain guy at the QB position. Manuel will have Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins and LeSean McCoy at his disposable in 2015.
4. Jameis Winston - The rookie QB from Florida State will certainly make an impact during his first year. Whether he's drafted by the Bucs or another team in the 2015 NFL draft, we expect Winston to have a swell fantasy season.
3. Sam Bradford - Playing under Chip Kelly will certainly add some value to his fantasy stock in 2015. The only question is can Bradford play a full season without getting hurt? Of course, this is assuming that Chip Kelly inserts Bradford as the starting QB and resists his temptation to trade up for Mariota in the '15 NFL draft.
2. Eli Manning - Certainly not the most sexy pick, Eli Manning offers a lot of value given the number of weapons around him. With second year pro Odell Beckham Jr as his primary target, we expect the younger Manning to have an impressive fantasy year in 2015. He will probably be drafted in the 10th round or later, so if you're looking for a solid sleeper pick, Eli may be your guy. Just be prepared for a 4-5 INT game at least once in 2015.
1. Zach Mettenberger - The second year pro from LSU is poised to have a great season in 2015. He's your prototypical NFL pocket passing QB, has a cannon for an arm, and has received praise from the entire Titans organization. Mettenberger will not be drafted until the 12th round or later and is one of the top sleepers at the QB position for 2015.