Way too Early 2015 Fantasy Football Preview.
As we await the Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks, our minds begin to drift to the 2015 NFL season. Whether you're a die-hard fantasy football fan, or your favorite team is one of the 30 teams not in this year's super bowl, you may have already started looking forward to next the 2015 fantasy season.
5 Players to Watch:
1. Frank Gore - Although Gore has reached the ripe old age of 31, he was very productive in 2014. With 1,106 rushing yards and 5 TD's, Gore was the 9th ranked RB in 2014. Gore has yet to sign an extension with the 49ers, and his future remains up in the air. If Gore were to retire or sign with another team, the lead back for the 49ers would be Carlos Hyde. The 49ers have a run-heavy gameplan, and if Hyde were to be named the starter, his fantasy draft stock would skyrocket.
2. Marshawn Lynch - Similar to Gore, Marshawn Lynch is in an interesting spot in his career. Not only is he on the verge of back-to-back super bowl victories, but his contract will expire at the end of the year. With Russell Wilson up for a huge contract extension, Lynch's future with the Seahawks remains unknown. If Lynch were to depart the Seahawks, both Turbin and Michael would receive an instant boost in fantasy value. Follow the Seahawks beat writers this off-season for insider information regarding his contract and future with Seattle.
3. CJ Anderson - His fantasy value largely depends on what transpires this off season. After coming into the 2014 NFL season as the 3rd RB on the depth chart, Anderson was only on the field because of injuries to Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman! Anderson, however, made the most of his opportunities, establishing himself as one of the top RB's in the league. With that said, the Denver Broncos spent a high pick in the draft to get Montee Ball, and he could reclaim the starting gig in '15. If Anderson remains the starter and if Peyton Manning returns, we predict that CJ will finish as a top 5 RB next year. That statement, however, comes with a lot of IF's.
4. Peyton Manning - The decision for Peyton Manning to retire or come back for 2015 will have a significant impact on the fantasy value of others on Denver. Along with CJ Anderson, many others will be affected, including: D. Thomas, B. Osweiler, C. Latimer and E. Sanders among others. We'll monitor the situation this off-season and update our 2015 draft kit accordingly.
5. Marcus Mariota - If Mariota is drafted by 31 teams in the NFL, he is probably un-draftable from a fantasy perspective. If he is drafted by the Eagles, the sky is the limit for the former Duck. If Mariota is the starting QB for the Philadelphia Eagles next year, he could put up impressive fantasy numbers. Top 15 QB for 2015? Not draftable? There are a lot of questions surrounding Mariota, most of which should be answered during the NFL draft.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Fantasy Draft Kit expert